Friends of EAC
“Friends” (similar to P & C) is a way to become involved in the College Community. Friends of EAC meet each month to discuss issues, organise fundraising activities, working bees and social events and contribute to the College community.
It is as much about Friend-raising as Fund-raising, with the aim to foster a close and supportive environment for all.
Emmanuel Anglican College welcomes the involvement and support of parents and carers within the college. There are many ways parents can contribute to the College community:
- Volunteering as a Class/Year Parent
- Attending Monthly Friends meetings
- Participating in social activities, and other College related events
- Assisting with Friends fundraising activities throughout the year
- Volunteering in the canteen
- Providing help to the teachers through activities such as children's reading
- Assisting the library through covering books
- Participating in working bees
- Helping with sporting activities
Parent support in these areas provides a strong and caring College community of students, parents, families and staff. The more help we get, the more effective we can be.
How Does Friends Work?
Every second Tuesday of the month, during term time, Friends meet in the Joan Pickup Library at 7pm. At these meetings we discuss and organise activities and allocate fundraising money. At each meeting the Principal gives a report about issues and activities at the College. It is an excellent way of keeping up to date with what is going on in the College community and gives parents a voice within the community. The Annual General Meeting is held in March. All office-bearers are elected and the end of year reports are tabled.
The current Friends committee is:
President - Melissa Collins
Vice President - Jodie Hayter
Treasurer - Greta Kratzer
Secretary - Carla Bahadur
10 Committee Members
Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings. This is a great way to become involved in your child’s schooling.
Friends run a broad range of Social and Fundraising events and initiatives such as:
- Creative Arts Exhibition
- EAC Community Business Directory
- Calendar, tea towel and plate design fundraisers
- Mother’s and Father’s Day morning teas/breakfasts
- Easter and Christmas raffles
- Catering for various sporting functions and events (BBQ’s, drinks and cake stalls)
- Social activities including: Primary College Disco’s, Movie Night, Barefoot Bowls, Bush Dance, Family Fun Day & Trivia Night
Second Hand Uniform Pool
The second hand uniform pool is a fantastic EAC service, run by parent volunteers.
This service is open every Tuesday between 2.30pm – 3.30pm (during school term).
All donations of uniforms are greatly appreciated and can be left at the office at any time. Money raised from this service is used to support various activities, resources and events within the College.
How to Stay Informed and Share Your Ideas
In addition to always being welcome to attend any of our regular meetings, we encourage all parents and carers to provide us with any comments or suggestions. If you can’t make it to the meetings, you can still stay informed by accessing the Agenda, Minutes and other correspondence on the EAC Intranet – contact Friends for login details.
If you would like to contact Friends, or want to know how you can be involved in the Friends activities, please email: email@example.com. Alternatively leave a message in the Friends pigeon hole at the Front Office.
Recent Friends fundraising efforts have contributed to:
Discovery Centre Art Space